Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pecan Pie

I made my first pecan pie this Thanksgiving



9-inch pie crust, baked
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 Tb. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pecans

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Beat eggs slightly. Add other ingredients, mixing in the pecans last of all. Pour into pie crust and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then another 30 minutes at 350 degrees (assuming a non-quirky oven, which would have been a fatal mistake at my grandmother's house).

This recipe is from Little Rock Cooks cookbook, which is a family standard, is missing both covers, and has its most popular pages encrusted and mummified for eternity. It also has the world's best recipe for cheese grits. More on that later.

No comments:

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.