Saturday, May 24, 2008

Anticipating Tonight

The weather is threatening. I keep hearing a low roll of thunder. The skies are gray and the air is still. A bad sign for Riverfest? Every summer there is a festival down by the river. Stages are set up and bands come in. Vendors pitch little tents and sell American junk food at its nostalgic best: cheeseburgers, corn dogs, funnel cakes, deep fried twinkies, plus fried catfish, spicy red beans and rice, sweet tea etc. I'll be there tonight, good weather or bad. I have to sit guard in the ArtMobile, a traveling gallery for the cultural enrichment of the greater state of Arkansas, now parked by the river.

There is a drizzle in the pipe outside my window. No run before Riverfest. I was going to make a token gesture toward fitness before having funnel cake for dinner.

No comments:

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.