Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sorry Friends and Neighbors

My AC adapter for my laptop bit the dust this last week, hence the light (or total lack of) posting. But I promise a (cheap, knock-off) replacement is even now on its way to me. Let us hope this new cheap replacements website is better than my last cheap replacements website, which took over a month.

Today was almost the day that I bought both silver and John Deer gear in the space of 24 hours. What a perfect summation Southern culture! I'm not sure if I should say "high/low" culture. John Deer seems pretty classy as far as agri-companies go. Maybe "indoor/outdoor" culture? Sadly it was not to be. Mother bought me the Strasbourg compote in commemoration of our afternoon in Memphis and the John Deer fell through. But it was close so I thought I'd mention it.

3 comments:

Aish said...

It's spelled John Deere.

Laura said...

oh dear

Mary Catherine said...

Hey Laurence,
Enjoyed our little convo enroute back to LR-- you saved me from watching any more of that creepy forensic show I get lured into watching sometimes-- it scares me a lot so I don't know why I keep on watching! Anyway, I wish I could see the compote! Will it match Francis Ist? That is the Big Question.=) Maybe you could take a picture and e-mail it to me. You know how I feel about these things.=)
Love ya-- x

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.