Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wow I Watched Something That Wasn't Political

Saw Libeled Lady and Gilda this weekend. Glamorous old Hollywood is a nice escape when your netflix selection is 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days. This is exactly the kind of netflix rental that plays havoc with my illusion of the money-saving rental scheme, the red envelope sits around forever and then I cheat on it with TCM.

This was interesting: Classic Beauties: How They Aged!
Although this sort of thing is depends entirely on the shot they select to represent "old." The "young" shots are all studio stills and the "old" shots are just random pics. Audrey Hepburn aged better than that. So did Lauren Bacall. The Myrna Loy shot is just mean. It's like the modern internet age version of the memento mori. Beware your passing youth!

No comments:

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.