Wednesday, February 18, 2009

That's What YouTube Is For

I'll never have to buy the DVD to this movie, because after pining for it I finally went tonight and realized that the movie itself couldn't match the finely tuned anticipation seeing the trailer created in me. That trailer pretty much summed up everything you could want out of the movie with just a few images and some music. And I can get the trailer on YouTube.

In the promos before the film they showed the trailer for Che, which is in two parts and runs for hours and hours. That sounds like a director being self indulgent. I read somewhere that Director's Cuts are rarely improvements the original films because they tend to cram in a lot of extra footage whereas the rule is the slimmer the better. What if the ultimate "slim" film was just the trailer? Something that could make it's characters and scenario completely compelling to you in under two minutes?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Like the trailer for Marie Antoinette. That was a perfect trailer that the film itself couldn't live up to.

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.