Saturday, April 11, 2009

Keo, AR

Famous for it's pecan groves and it's pie.



Here is the official sign. I call it the pie shop. Some people in Little Rock call it Sue's every once and again. My dad did it this morning. They are confusing it with the old Sue's Pie Shop, which used to be in the Heights next to Terry's Finer Foods. It looked perfect to me when I was little and nothing has ever moved into that space since, which is my explanation for why people talk sometimes as if Sue's were still around, just closed for a very extended vacation. Sue was a misanthrope and it closed for related reasons so I'm told. Thankfully the Miss Charlotte of Charlotte's Eats and Sweets seems very cheery.



Goodbye Keo


No comments:

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.