Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Museum Blowback

See William Powhinda's cover for The Brooklyn Rail: How the New Museum Committed Suicide. Also a nice little summary of 50 years of cynicism about the way the art world really works.

Here, by the way, is the link to the Roberta Smith NYT review of the current Urs Fischer show in that space, which Powhida was able to mine for one damning quote.

Calvin Tomkins had a feature on Urs Fishcer a few New Yorkers ago. Really what Marcia Tucker, now deceased founder of the New Museum, had in mind?

1 comment:

Barry said...

Hello and thanks for posting that. My partner is James Wagner, who is featured in William's cartoon. My mother lives in Conway, so maybe you and she can meet up for a coffee sometime. Drop me an email if you like. There's an email link on my blog.

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.