Saturday, July 5, 2008

Where are my strawberries and cream?

Watching Wimbledon in the morning. Are there any grass tennis courts in Little Rock? I don't think so. Somebody should put in a grass court. Then we all could wear white linen jackets and serve tea between matches and play at old style Anglophilia, a great Southern tradition.

Last summer my cousin J signed me up for a round robin tennis tournament on all three surfaces: hardcourt, clay, and grass. Minus J a point for not telling me in advance. Add J a point for how much fun grass was, like high-powered badminton on a lawn.

Later today, doubles with the cousins. And with DR, whose birthday it is today. Happy Birthday, DR.

No comments:

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas
I work at a local museum, date a lovely boy, and with my free time procrastinate on things like blogs.